We had a very energetic time making collagraph prints with card, wall paper and wood glue the first day. The students then worked into their prints by monoprinting inked card and wallpaper
over both wet and dry prints. Lovely work was produced, but I think we all wilted in the heat by the second day!
I have just about found time to bind together the colour samples I made during the Open Studio event at Hampen Factory at the beginning of June. If I don't organise them I will just put them away and forget all the good ideas they have sparked. I am not an accurate or talented book binder, but I do love this form. I have used the printing plate for the cover of one booklet, but my favourite samples I have covered in acetate.
I intend to hang the booklets up in my studio by the bulldog clips so that they are a very visible reminder that I can do colour...!!!
Thankyou Lesley, who has a great blog Printed Material. Lesley found this fabric at the Bristol Ikea, for me it was a must have and I am now the proud owner of a flocking frock for summer.