Tuesday 11 August 2009

HOLIDAY SKETCH BOOK

I have been lucky enough to have another week off on holiday, this time in Italy where the weather was a little warmer than Bude. I stayed with my artist friend Amanda and her husband in their house in Umbria.

My sketch book became inspired by the things I saw. These dear little lizards shared the house.

and the fields were full of sunflowers.


Amanda and I had fun playing with mixed media techniques on the last day of my stay. Inspired by the green paper table mats from a meal earlier in the week which forms the basis of these 2 collages.

And the beautifully shaped grappa bottles. My little sketch book is a great reminder of what a lovely summer I am having. Thankyou Amanda and Rob for your generous hospitality.


Back to work, I have had an order for 5 of these collagraphs. Atonement is the size of an A1 piece of paper.







4 comments:

Terry Sargent Peart said...

Wonderful sketches! Thanks for sharing. Sunflowers are always fun.

jo horswill said...

Beautiful work Sue...Italian holiday sounded wonderful.

Sharon McSwiney said...

You always have such fresh ideas Sue...hope we get some sunshine too!

ainesse said...

hello Sue

love the marks and textures you have used to make this image. What kind of materials have you used. tinfoil or tissue and maybe moddeling paste? Really am interested to know as I dont feel I push my collagraph printmaking far enough !!
hope to hear from you.

Aine