Wednesday 2 September 2009

SKETCH BOOK WORK

I have just spent the last couple of days playing with some non chicken ideas in my sketch book,

I have started to make collagraph plates of these 2 finches. These 2 drawings are tonal plans, when I have finished the tile cement plates I am hoping to experiment with viscosity inking using the experiments I did earlier in the year as a starting point.

It is good to have a few ideas in hand, I always feel bereft when I have finished a printed piece.

I do have a backlog of drawings which need to be converted into collagraphs or etchings. How do the rest of you cope with more ideas than time or is it that I am managing things really badly?

All these drawings in my sketch book have been achieved using printed acrylic paint, ink washes and bits of collage here and there.





4 comments:

Sara Bowen said...

Just beautiful! I love the finches with the backgrounds... Know what you mean about ideas and time, but then I think I'm a bit lazier than you and don't get around to making enough drawings OR putting them into print.

Sharon McSwiney said...

Beautiful birdies!xx

layers said...

I am also working on a series with nests, eggs and crows so I am drawn to your work.

ArtPropelled said...

Oh I really like your work! The birds, eggs and background effects.