Friday 26 March 2010

LABELLING

If you haven't checked out Robyn Gordon's latest post on her blog Art Propelled, do, she is talking about giving herself the time to experiment with new ideas, I really agree. To move forward we all need more time to play and we tend to find excuses not to. The thought of failing is my biggest excuse.
And have I been playing !! This is a zinc etching, inked using the viscosity method with cut out etched moths collaged onto it.
This little piece was an example I made for a zinc etching course. Left in the copper sulphate over night to create the bitten edges and holes, then again viscosity inked.

But these are my favourite experiments, I am really enjoying learning to enamel. These 4 labels are deeply bitten copper and screen printed transfers.
I hope Robyn will find that 2 -3 months of experimental play will be enough...I think I will need 2-3 years.



8 comments:

sukipoet said...

they are all gorgeous

Unknown said...

What a great set. I love them.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Wise words! You know my excuses only too well but while I dwell on them you just get on with it as always. These are just fabulous. I'm a pushover for moths and beetles anyway but combined in this way - wow! Lesley x

Sharon McSwiney said...

Beautiful pieces...look forward to seeing them on Monday xx

Jill said...

Beautiful work. Thanks for posting the enlargements so we can all rub our noses in it!

Aine Scannell said...

I was intrigued with the plate you left in the copper sulphate mordant OVERNIGHT !!! I mean I kind of imagined that if I did that , the plate would totally dissolve . Might try it for cutting around some of my figurative print elements and see how it goes.

Amanda said...

These are terrific! The eaten away plates work so well with the subject matter. Love them! Off to play....

Sally Stafford said...

beautiful work...i love the colours and textures