Friday 16 July 2010

BURIED TREASURE 2010

This post is from this time last year. I am re posting it as part of Seth Apter's Buried Treasure 2010 project to be found on his blog The Altered Page. He has asked folk to collaborate by re posting favourite past posts. I felt that it would be apt to post this one as a celebration of my blog being just over a year old now...Happy Blog Day to me.

Enjoy going back in time.

I have just spent a wet week in Bude, Cornwall with my husband Rob and son Toby. While they spent the days frolicing in the waves in wet siuts, I had an enjoyable time exploring rock pools and collecting stones.
I find seaside pebbles irresistable, the Bude coast line is edged with these gorgeous stones before the sand appears when the tide goes out.
The rocks on the edge of the beaches are covered in the deepest blue clusters of mussels
and although the orange fishing net is really rubbish it looks fabulous against the blue.
I knew I would have sometime left to my own devises so I cut up a larger sketch book to make this square format, 11 x 11cms and at the end of the week decorated the front with beach finds.
I managed 2 to 3 drawings a day, some on the beach, some inspired by the day.
I prepared pages with acrylic paint and wall paper before coming away,
and used collage to inspire some pages.
I am left with a personal reminder of a lovely holiday that is easier to look at than a set of photos.








9 comments:

Sizun said...

Happy Blog Day to you !
I'm so glad you started it...

LAC EMP 2020 said...

I remember that post so well ... as you well know. Where did that year go? Have a great day at A in A - keep your umbrella handy. Lesley xx

MrCachet said...

This method would work well not only for journaling, but for creating cards and envelopes for family and friends! Maybe even CUSTOMERS!

lyle baxter said...

wonderful post! and I am in love with rocks too! thank you!

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Happy Blog Day to you Sue! I really love the rock images and your art making while at the beach. I must get to the beach and soon.

ArtPropelled said...

Lovely images! I find pebbles irresistable too.

deb said...

I love beach pebbles, I always bring a few home with me for the studio ans I love you pages, they are really evocative of the experience it seems

Svetlana said...

Simply stunning. I like your idea of making the memory prints on the paper.

Jill Zaheer said...

Wow- love all of your ideas on making the journal pages and those rocks and sea trinkets are awesome. Love to collect shells and rocks from the beach. There is always a sense of discovery - with gifts of life pouring for each second that i look around. What a treasure of a post!!!