Tuesday 7 September 2010

MONDAY - SETTING UP

This week I am artist in residence at Nature in Art, near Tewkesbury, www.nature-in-art.org.uk and I thought I would give you a taste of my week day by day, the highs and the lows. This residency was booked up at the end of 2009 and I can't believe how quickly it has come round. It gives me the opportunity to communicate to the public about artists original prints and get a solid weeks worth of drawing and plate making done.
The museum is home to an extrordinary collection of art inspired by the natural world. A beautiful building in a glorious rural setting it holds a diverse collection from paintings by Sir Peter Scott and David Shepherd to Picasso. This is my home for the week.
Around the grounds is a collection of art sheep.
I believe this is their last week on display, well worth a visit.

Inspired by these creatures and some sheep I encountered on my Dorset holiday I plan to make a sheep collagraph plate among other things while I am here.
My residencey starts on Tuesday 7th September and contiues to Sunday 12th, from 10am to 5pm.





1 comment:

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Love those sheep! Have a great week. Lesley xx