Friday 2 September 2011

SUMMER ACTIVITIES

As you may have gathered I have not been about, Mr Brown and I have had been on our annual trip to Dorset for a few days under canvas. But things still happen!
I have had these 2 collagraphs accepted by The Society of Graphic Fine Art for their 90th Annual Open Exhibition.
To be held 3-15 October at the Menier Gallery,London. Check out the details on www.sgfa.org.uk


The New Brewery Arts in Cirencester has invited me to exhibit enamel spoons in their exhibition Only Words, 3 -20 October. Inspired by the Cheltenham Literary Festival happening at the same time it will be a stimulating exhibition of artists work that have text elements. www.newbreweryarts.org.uk


I am still inspired by Marley and have been planning more collagraphs.


These drawings are in preparation for a commission, of which I will tell more when I am further on with it.


It feels like my break in Dorset was 4 weeks ago not 4 days, I could be showing you glorious coast lines and charms of gold finches, but while on a walk Mr Brown and I found a house with these in the window. Now my imagination is going 10 to the dozen...any suggestions?












7 comments:

Jill said...

Your collographs and enamels always stop me in my tracks, they are so emotive.
As for the row of rubber gloves - hmm - tie-dye workshop organiser?

LAC EMP 2020 said...

My first thought was 'serial killer'..... but I don't want to be accused of bad taste... what about 'obsessive compulsive'... or is that worse? Glad you're home after a good break.Marley is looking good - really good! L x

Gina said...

Fantastic drawings of Marley... and I just adore those spoons. My suggestions for the gloves were along the same lines as Lesley but perhaps they just run a cleaning company?

sukipoet said...

congrats on your new shows. the spoons are amazing too and in conjunction w/the literary festival. perfect.

i love the way you call your DH Mr. Brown. actually at one time I was a Mrs. Brown and did an etching"Mrs. Brown eats toast."

the gloves. Ha! Maybe she cleans houses. Love that they are pink! So I imagine a new etching of hanging gloves?

Caroline said...

The gloves, they have the villainous penguin from The Wrong Trousers as a lodger.
And the beautiful artwork just wish I could be on the trip to London to see the real thing and can't wait to see more Marley!

Caroline said...

What wonderful images of Marley and I do covet those spoons! Good luck with the exhibitions. As for the rubber gloves - perhaps it's a production line of udders for pantomime cows?

Kris said...

I love your collographs...I was wondering if you have any suggestions for the equivalent to the polyfilla for the States? I love the way it takes the impressions and would love to experiment with it.

Thanks!!!