Friday 21 December 2012

DECK THE HALLS

It's that time of year again when we do not question the dragging into the lounge a live tree.
Or question the taste of the things we adorn our houses with.

Up go the familiar decorations that connect us with our childhood Christmases, or
distance us from them in the determination to do something different and yes Rudolf does that for me.
                                      
                     I am still striving for the balance between vintage and contemporary, but I am comforted by the fact that if I do not get it right this year, I can have another stab at it next Yule Tide.
This year my annual fairy swap with the lovely Caroline McCatty is themed Frosty Fairy, her frosty fairy is on the right and I still think I get the better end of the swap!(http://carolinemccatty.blogspot.co.uk)
 
Thankyou to everyone who has stopped by to view my blog this year and thankyou for the encouraging comments. Happy Christmas one and all and here's to a creative New Year.

2 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Hmmmmm. Christmas at yours looks fun.
:-)
Have a good one.

Caroline said...

The fairy you gave me is beautiful! I love the knitted mouse in Father Christmas suit!