Monday 19 January 2015

GET FRESH

I love my job, I am lucky enough to be able to combine deliveries of work with short breaks to lovely places. I had to drop work off to the Devon Guild of Craftsmen for the forth coming exhibition, Spotlight, so, the lovely Mr Brown and I took the opportunity to have a little time off in Bovey Tracey.
We got the chance to go to the private view of the biennial exhibition, Get Fresh, show casing the work of emerging designer-makers from the South West. I caught up with fellow Hothouse 4 participants, Angie Parker- textiles, Alex McCarthy- ceramics.
and Jenny Ayrton- glass.
Sarah Brown- glass is also exhibiting as are 12 other talented makers. It is well worth the trip to Devon to see this exhibition.
If you go after Jan 23 you can take in Spotlight, new work from a selection of Associate Members of the Guild and
get the chance to see a group of my Moth Experiment lights.
This is a beautiful part of Devon and the lovely Mr Brown and I had a wander around the Tors, despite the chilly conditions and encountered                                       
some of the friendly locals.
 

No comments: