Monday 28 November 2016

FUSION

For the past few months I have been dabbling with Gum Arabic transfer onto fabric together with the 
odd collagraph print and have been surprised at the quality
of the results I am achieving.
But what to do with these snippets?
As I am not a textile person... although I adore what can be achieved, I have been fumbling about
and learning new skills here and there.
Thanks to the effervescent Julia Jowett, I have popped a few hand sewn bouillon roses onto the piece to get a bit of texture in there.  
And there is always an excuse for the odd french knot.
I wanted to add a touch of shabby chic with these cloth shirt buttons.
But the biggest revelation has been the free machine embroidery introduced to me by Catherine Kingzett. She ran an inspiring workshop at the yard:ARTspace earlier this term.
Thank you Catherine for introducing me to dissolvable fabric, I am totally obsessed.
All this experimentation has turned into a cushion, yes a bit scratchy.

Now all you textile embroiderers and makers of gorgeous things in fabric and thread, would you like to know how to print onto velvet and muslin? I am running a Gum Arabic transfer workshop in May, check out www.theyardartspace.com for details.

3 comments:

Charlton Stitcher said...

These are wonderful, Sue, and inspiring. The May course looks most inviting.

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Gorgeous.Another string to your bow!

Margaret Cooter said...

French knots need no excuse ... they fit in so nicely anywhere!